Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A 3 Month Journey To Weight Loss: From "Super Size Me" to "I Resize Me"

Hi, I'm Elvis,
My goal is to lose 30 pounds in 3 months. This is roughly about 15% of my weight. It's my first attempt at weight loss, but I feel I need to do this for my health. I'm almost 36, and my high blood pressure, cholesterol level, and trigliceride blood levels are a constant nagging reminder that I'm following in the footsteps of both my parents, who have passed away in their early 50s due to bad health. Now that I have my own family I increasingly yearn to spend more time with, I feel I need to better my health both by starting to exercise regularly, and by losing weight. I've shelled out almost $150 to join a 3-month "Weight Watchers" group and today was the first official meeting. Tonight I purchased over $80 in diet or health conscious food - another absolute first. Each day from now on I'll list the food and amounts I eat as well as my identified point values. On this blog and nowhere else, I'll keep regular updates on my exercise routine as well as my weekly weigh-in results. Wish me luck and please don't hesitate to add your comments. Who knows, maybe we can help eachother succeed....
More details tomorrow, Day 1....

No comments: